Description: Deregistration of the DNS record, record_name_and_dns_info failed with the following error: DNS bad key.
Description: The DNS server has an invalid or corrupt registry parameter. To correct the problem, you can delete the applicable registry value, located under DNS server parameters in the Windows 2000 registry. You can then recreate it using the DNS console.
If the preceding steps had occurred, two settings are set incorrectly that are not corrected when the ICW starts and switches to a modem or terminal adapter:
- In the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties of the Local Area Connection, both the Preferred DNS server and the Alternate DNS server are set to the IP addresses of the Internet Service Provider (ISP) DNS servers, instead of the internal IP address of Small Business Server.
- In the DNS console, in the Properties of the server, in the Forwarders tab, the forwarders have been removed, but the registry has been set to a blank forwarder value.
- On the desktop, right-click My Network Places, and then click Properties.
- Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) to view the properties.
- Change the settings of the Preferred DNS server to match the IP address of the preceding internal network adapter in the IP address field.
- Click OK, and then click OK.
- Right-click Local Area Connection, click Disable, right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Enable to force the changes to take effect.
- From the Small Business Server Administrator Console, expand the Computer Management container.
- Expand the Services and Applications container.
- Expand the DNS container.
- Right-click your server name, and then click Properties.
- Click the Forwarders tab.
- Click to select the Enable forwarders check box.
- Enter any remote IP address.
- Click Add, click Apply, and then click OK.
- Stop and start DNS server from the Services container.
- Repeat the process, but click to clear the Enable forwarders check box.
- Stop and start DNS server again. This step can correctly set the registry so that it does not use forwarders.
Description: The DHCP service failed to initialized its global parameters. The following error occurred %%0
Description: WINS tried to get its IP address but failed. WINS will recover when the IP address comes back.