- The default security provider in Windows XP has been changed.
- The system drive letter has changed.
NOTE This issue can be caused by any software that changes the default security provider. It is not limited to Dell computers or to the Dell Assistant software.
To work around this issue, use the appropriate method.
Reset the default security provider in Windows XPTo reset the default security provider in Windows XP, delete the relevant registry keys in the Windows registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the computer. Press the F8 key during startup to start the computer in Safe mode.
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Delete the following registry keys in the Windows registry:HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\ProvidersHKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
Reset the drive letter of the system driveUse Registry Editor to change the drive letter of the system drive back to its original value. Edit the following registry key to change the value of the system drive:
Artikli ID: 310794 – viimati läbi vaadatud: 23. sept 2011 – redaktsioon: 1