A message states that the product key that was used is not valid.
You might be mismatching a product key with the downloaded software. Software downloads must be matched to the product key generated by the same portal. For example:
- Software downloaded from MSDN must be used with the product key from MSDN.
- Software downloaded from the digital distribution portal must be used with the product key from the same portal.
Steps to resolve the issue
- Sign in to the partner digital distribution portal by using the Microsoft account associated to your Microsoft Partner Network membership.
- Download the software from the portal.
- View the new related product key, and use this new key to activate your software.
Note: Using the Contact Microsoft Support button requires you to login into the MPN site using a valid Microsoft Partner Network login. If you do not have a valid Microsoft Partner Network login or are having problems logging in to MPN, you can get more information or assistance from the MPN Support site.
Article ID: 2966391 - Last Review: 2017 api. 20 - Revision: 2