In Microsoft Office 365 Dedicated/ITAR (vNext), customers experience symptoms that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Can't complete AutoDiscover, or a general inability to connect to a user's mailbox
- Inconsistent mail flow, depending on where the message is originated
This issue occurs if a mailbox is provisioned in both the legacy Exchange Online Dedicated environment and the Exchange Online Dedicated vNext environment.
To resolve this issue, use one of the following high-level methods, depending on which mailbox (legacy or vNext) the customer wants to keep active.
Scenario 1: Keep the legacy mailbox, and deprovision the vNext mailbox
- Export the contents of the vNext mailbox. To do this, follow these steps:
- Remove the license for the customer's vNext mailbox. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- Office365 Portal: Assign or remove licenses for Office 365 for business
- PowerShell: Remove licenses from user accounts with Office 365 PowerShell
- Contact Microsoft to make sure that the msExchPreviousHomeMDBSL and msExchPreviousMailboxGuid Active Directory attributes from the vNext user object are removed.
- Provide the PST file to the customer to import by using the Outlook client. To do this, see Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file.
Scenario 2: Keep the vNext mailbox, and deprovision the legacy mailbox
- Engage Microsoft to request assistance with this process. WE will provide the contents of the legacy mailbox in a PST file to import to the user’s vNext mailbox. You can do this through Outlook or the Office 365 PST import service:
Outlook: Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file
Office 365 PST Import Service: Overview of importing PST files and SharePoint data to Office 365
- Deprovision the user per the MMSSPP MMSSPP Identity Synchronization Handbook. If you encounter any issues refer to MMSSPP doesn't deprovision an Exchange mailbox and mail-enabled objects from Office 365 Dedicated/ITAR.
Article ID: 3202607 - Last Review: 2017 mar. 6 - Revision: 14
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal