This article applies to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 for Russia.
- Posting a customer payment made in POS for an issued gift card as a prepayment in AX
- Printing information about a payment with a gift card in a fiscal receipt as a discount or in a separate payment line
- Refunding a customer for a return of goods purchased and paid with a gift card by issuing a new gift card or adding to an existing gift card in POS
Posting prepayments for issued gift cards
In order to post a customer payment made in POS for an issued gift card as a prepayment in AX, you need to enable the Process gift card operations as prepayments flag in Retail parameters. You may optionally set the Posting profile for prepayments to post prepayments for gift cards using this posting profile.
The gift card issue operation is reflected in a fiscal receipt similar to a regular POS sales transaction. Sales tax is calculated according to the gift card item settings.
Printing gift card operations in fiscal receipt
You may reflect a payment in POS with a gift card in a fiscal receipt in the following ways:
- As a separate payment line. This is a default behavior.
- As a specific discount line before the receipt total amount. This reduces the receipt amount by the gift card payment amount. In order to do this, you need to create a specific gift card discount line in the fiscal printer configuration file. In this case, a separate payment line for the gift card payment will not be printed.
When a customer returns goods purchased and paid with a gift card, you may want to refund the customer with a gift card as well. In order to do this, you may register a refund payment with a gift card in POS as part of the return transaction. You may also issue a new gift card with zero initial balance in this return transaction in POS and then use this gift card for the refund payment.
A refund payment with a gift card may be reflected in a fiscal receipt for a return transaction as either a separate payment line or a discount line, similar to a fiscal receipt for a sales transaction.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. There is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website:
Installation informationWe recommend that you apply the hotfix in a test environment before you apply the hotfix in a production environment.
For more information about how to install this hotfix, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou must restart the Application Object Server (AOS) service after you apply this hotfix.
Artikkelin tunnus: 2792243 – Viimeisin tarkistus: 17.2.2017 – Versio: 2