The required updates depend on the version of Office you have installed. There is a Windows Installer (MSI) based version of Office and a Click-to-Run (C2R) version of Office. If you are not sure which version you have installed, see Determining your Office version – MSI vs. C2R.
C2R version of Office
The necessary updates are included in build 7466 or later. You can view the build number in Outlook by clicking the File menu and then clicking Office Account. If your build number is less than 7466, install the latest Office updates.
IMPORTANT: If you are using Office 365 ProPlus and are configured to use the Deferred Channel for updates, you may not receive the latest available updates required to use this feature. If you are configured to use this option, the words "Deferred Channel" will appear just above the version number.
MSI Version of Office
The following updates are required:
- October 4, 2016, update for Office 2016 (KB3115500)
- October 4, 2016, update for Outlook 2016 (KB3118375)
- October 4, 2016, update for Office 2016 (KB3118374)
- October 4, 2016, update for Office 2016 (KB3118330)
- November 1, 2016, update for Outlook 2016 (KB3127912)