This article describes the issues that are fixed in theUpdate Rollup for Azure File Sync Agent that is dated July 2019. Additionally,this article contains installation instructions for the update.
Improvements and issues that are fixed
- Accessing or browsing a server endpoint location over SMB is slow on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Increased CPU utilization after installing the Azure File Sync v6 agent.
- Cloud tiering telemetry improvements.
- Miscellaneous reliability improvements for cloud tiering and sync.
Note Update rollups for Azure File Sync Agent are cumulative. Thisupdate includes all the improvements and fixes that were included in theprevious cumulative update.
More information about this update rollup
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 126.96.36.199 or later installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 188.8.131.52
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
How to get and install this update rollup for the Azure File Sync Agent
The Azure File Sync v7.1 update is currently being flighted to servers which are configured to automatically update when a new version becomes available. Once fighting completes, this update will be available on Microsoft Update and Microsoft Download Center. Flighting means that the release is offered to a limited number of servers first and expands to more severs gradually. It may not be offered to your server right away even if it’s configured to automatically update when a new version becomes available. To immediately install the Azure File Sync v7.1 update, manually download the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Tolearn more about Azure File Sync agent auto-update, see automatic agent lifecycle management.
Toobtain and install this update rollup,configure your Azure File Sync agent to automatically update when anew version becomes available or manually download theupdate from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Configureyour Azure File Sync agent to automaticallyupdate when a new version becomes available
- During the Azure File Sync agent installation(version 6.0 or later), select the “Automaticallyupdate when a new version becomes available” setting.
- If the agent is already installed (version 6.0or later), run the following PowerShell commands to configure auto-update:
- Import-Module "C:\ProgramFiles\Azure\StorageSyncAgent\StorageSync.Management.ServerCmdlets.dll"
- Set-StorageSyncAgentAutoUpdate-PolicyMode InstallLatest -ScheduledWeekDay <day> -ScheduledHour <hour>
Manuallydownload and install the Azure File Sync agent update from the Microsoft UpdateCatalog
Go to thefollowing website to manually download this update from the Microsoft UpdateCatalog:
To manuallyinstall the update package, run the following command from an elevated commandprompt:
- msiexec.exe /p packagename.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUSREINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater/qb /l*v KB4490496.log
For example, toinstall the Azure File Sync agent update for Server 2016, run the followingcommand:
- msiexec.exe /pStorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4490496.mspREINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent,StorageSyncAgentAzureFileSync,StorageSyncAgentGuardFilter,StorageSyncAgentUpdater/qb /l*v KB4490496.log