Connection Error Messages When You Use ICS with an FQDN
This article was previously published under Q229974
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you are using Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), you may receive any of the following connection-based error messages:
In Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Page Cannot be Displayed
In Microsoft Outlook Express
The Host <name> could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
This issue can occur if you use a cable modem service that uses Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDN) for the ICS client computers.
To resolve the issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Network, and then double-click the TCP/IP protocol bound to the Internal Adapter.
- On the DNS Configuration tab, click Enable DNS.
- In the Domain Suffix Search Order box, type the FQDN, and then click Add. For example, Email.msn.com is the FQDN for the MSN e-mail server.
- Click OK.
- Click OK, and then restart the computer when you are prompted.
Artikkelin tunnus: 229974 – Viimeisin tarkistus: 10/26/2013 17:11:00 – Versio: 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kberrmsg kbnetwork kbprb KB229974