The Option to Select a COM Port Is Not Present When You Set Up a Direct Cable Connection
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to create a Direct Cable Connection (DCC), the option to use a COM port is not present.
To resolve this behavior:
- Click Start, and then click Connect To.
- Under Common Tasks, click New Connection Wizard.
- Click Next, and then click Set up an advanced connection.
- Click Connect directly to another computer, and then click Next.
- Click the Host option, and then click Next.
- Click a COM port in the Device for this connection box, and then click Next.
- From the list of users, click the users that are able to connect, click Next, and then click Finish.
- To create an incoming connection on a COM port, repeat these steps, and then at the appropriate location, choose the COM port that you want to use.
This behavior is by design.
Artikkelin tunnus: 295940 – Viimeisin tarkistus: 01/12/2015 18:05:45 – Versio: 2.0
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kbprb KB295940