- IIS 8 installation.
- Microsoft Web Platform Installer instalation.
- PHP installation and configuration with Microsoft Web Platform Installer.
These are steps to activate IIS 8 in Windows 8 :
- Run Turn Windows features on or off with choose Settings form charms bar, then choose Control Panel.
- In Control Panel window, choose Programs.
- In Programs and Features, choose Turn Windows features on or off.
- Check Internet Information Service and click OK button.
After the installation process is complete, we can check whether IIS 8 is installed correctly by running Internet Explorer. In the address bar, type http://localhost. If successful, we see web page like this picture below.
B. Microsoft Web Platform Installer Installation
Microsoft Web Platform Installer is a simple, free tool that automates the installation of Microsoft's entire Web Platform including PHP. We can download it form this url http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx. The name of installer is wpilauncher.exe.
Run wpilauncher.exe and we will see installation status like this picture below.
After installation is completed, we can see Web Platform Installer 4.0 window like this picture below.
C. PHP Installation and Configuration
These are step to install and configure PHP with Web Platform Installer :
- In Web Platform Installer window, choose Products tab and search PHP version that we will install.
- Click Add button as we can see in picture below.
- After click Add button, we can see there are 2 items that will be installed. By click Items to be installed link, we can see list of those items.
- Click Install button.
- Click I Accept button and it will be downloaded item and install them.
- After the installation process is complete, click Finish button.
- Create info.php file and type this code below as content.
- Copy info.php file to IIS’s root folder in C:\inetpub\wwwroot.
- Run Internet Explorer, and type http://localhost/infor.php in address bar.
- We will see web page like picture below if all installation and configuration are successed.
ID d'article : 2819022 - Dernière mise à jour : 25 sept. 2013 - Révision : 1