|Group Administrative controls||Manage group membership settings. Add, delete, approve, and deny group members and group admins.|
|Moderate content||Group admins can moderate and delete content posted in the group, such as messages, files, and notes.|
|Official content||Group admins in Enterprise networks can mark files and notes as "Official" to lock down the content, and easily identify it as the approved version of the document. This feature is not available in Basic (free) networks.|
|Group announcements||Post a group announcement to instantly share important information with all group members.|
|Privacy toggling||Toggle privacy settings to control who can see group content.|
Create a groupTo create a new group, follow these steps:
- In the navigation pane, click the plus (+) sign next to the Groups header ().
- In the Create New Collaboration Space window that opens, select either the Public or Private group option.
Manage group settingsBrowse to the home feed of your group page. In the upper-right corner of the group's header area, click Settings. On the Group Settings page, you can control the following options:
- Member Management
- Content Options
- Who can view content?
- Who can join this group?
Add and remove adminsExisting group admins can appoint or revoke additional admins. To do this, follow these steps:
- Next to Manage Admins, click the Add and Remove Admins.
Note A dialog box that lists all group members opens.
- To make a member an admin, locate the group member’s name in the menu on the right side.
Note The group member's name is indicated by a triangle.
- Click Make Admin.
Remove membersGroup admins can remove members from the group. To do this, follow these steps:
- Next to Manage Members, click Remove Members.
- In the Group Members dialog box, locate the group member's name.
- On the menu, click Remove from Group.
AnnouncementsLearn more about posting group announcements later in this section.
Official contentGroup admins have access to this feature only in Enterprise networks, but not in Basic (free) networks.
Who can view contentYou have the option to make the group public or private. Public groups are available to anyone within that Yammer network. Private groups are restricted to those who have received approval to join the group. You can decide not to list this group in the Group Directory.
Who can join this group?Group admins control who can join a group. If a group is public, you can select Anyone in this network or Only those approved by an admin. If a group is private, you can select Anyone approved by a group member or Only those approved by an admin.
Moderate content: Delete group messages, files, and notesGroup admins can delete messages, files, and notes that are posted in a group. To delete a message, click More beneath the message, and then click Delete.
To delete a file, go directly to the file page. In the sidebar on the right, click Delete this File. You can also delete a file in the group’s file directory page. To do this, click the Files tab in the Group feed.
To delete a note, go directly to the note, and then click Delete this Note in the sidebar on the right. You can also delete a note in the group’s note directory. To do this, click the Note tab in the group feed.
Mark files and notes as officialGroup admins and owners of files or notes can mark files and notes as "official." This action locks down content, and signals to other users that this content is the authorized version of the document. To mark content as official, follow these steps:
- Browse directly to the file or note.
- In the right sidebar, click Mark Official and Lock Changes.
In the file and note directories, you can sort content based on its Official status by clicking either Official Files or Official Notes on the left side.
Post group announcementsGroup admins can post announcements in order to broadcast important information to all group members. Announcements are specially designed to stand out to help users see important updates, such as a scheduled power outage or network maintenance.
To post a group announcement, follow these steps:
- In the group feed, click Post an Announcement in the right sidebar.
- In the Post an Announcement dialog box, add a title for the announcement, and then enter your message. You can also add people who you want to specifically notify, and add relevant files or notes that you want to attach to the announcement.
- After you finish adding content, click Post.
Note The Post command pins the announcement to the group feed, and alerts everyone in the group through a notification.
ID d'article : 2834681 - Dernière mise à jour : 2 oct. 2013 - Révision : 1