- Use msconfig.exe.
- Manage add-ons programs in Internet Options of Internet Explorer.
- Use regedit to see the registry .which is not recommended.
Once you check the setting in anyone of these tools then it is uneasy to trace back too.
Follow the steps below to get a free Microsoft tool to resolve this problem.
- Download Autoruns for Windows. Autoruns has the most thorough information of auto-starting locations of any startup utilities, shows you what applications are configured to run during operating system Boot Up or Logon, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them.
- Once your download has completed then open file in the download folder. You will see a file name Autoruns.zip.
- Run autoruns.exe.
In the first screen you will see all the programs that will execute during Logon, Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer and Services. You can also see what programs have scheduled to run and when drivers have been loaded.
- To see the program the run only during the Logon then click on the Logon tab.
- To see the program there are loaded for Windows Explorer then click on the Explorer tab.
- To see the add-on program loaded in Internet Explorer then click on the Internet Explorer tab.
- To see all the program that executed at the background of the operating system then click on the Services tab.
- In order to prevent the programs to start uncheck the check box beside the Autorun item(s).
For example, uncheck the checkbox beside OneNote 2010 to prevent OneNote 2010 from running when you Logon.
Community Solutions Content DisclaimerMICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
ID d'article : 2837026 - Dernière mise à jour : 25 sept. 2013 - Révision : 1