- The Test-ExchangeSearch cmdlet fails for some or all Exchange databases on a specific server.
- Search repeatedly stops and then starts at random intervals. However, you receive no error message.
- The size of the catalog index (*.ci) files are smaller than 125 kilobytes (KB).
- The MSFTEFD.EXE service creates a new instance every few minutes.
- Open the Exchange Server "Bin" folder on the server that is experiencing the search issue. The "Bin" folder is located in the Exchange Server installation folder.
- Create a new text document (.txt), and then rename the new document "MSFTEFD.EXE.CONFIG." Make sure that the .txt file name extension is removed from the file name.
- In Notepad, open the MSFTEFD.EXE.CONFIG file, and then add the following code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<gcServer enabled="true" />
<generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false" />
- Save the changes to the MSFTEFD.EXE.CONFIG file.
- Open Services.msc, and then restart the Microsoft Search (Exchange) service and the Microsoft Exchange Search indexer service.
ID d'article : 2837276 - Dernière mise à jour : 30 avr. 2013 - Révision : 1