Which runtime error do you need to fix?
The solution to "runtime error" messages in Internet Explorer is different depending on the type of runtime error that you receive.
Note This article provides a resolution only for an error message that looks like the following:
A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?
Line: line number
Error: nature of script error
- Click the Tools button , and then click Internet Options. Or, press ALT+T, and then press O.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
- Click to select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes, and then click to clear the Display a notification about every script error check box.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
- If the Web site displays and works correctly, and if the runtime error message does not reappear, then you are finished. Be aware that you may still receive a notification about the Web page error in the Internet Explorer status bar . However, you can just ignore the Web page error. If this computer has multiple users, you might also need to log on as another user and repeat these steps for other users.
- If the Web site still does not display or work correctly, the problem may be with the Web site itself. But to test this, either you must have access to another computer, or your computer must be set up for multiple users. If you have access to another computer, try to view the page from that other computer. If your computer is set up for multiple users, log on as another user, and then try to view the page again.
- If the Web site displays and works correctly when you try a different computer or log on as another user, then the problem for your computer or for your logon might be with your Internet Explorer configuration. To fix this, go to the "Similar problems and solutions" section.
- If the Web site still does not display or work correctly, then the problem is likely with the Web page itself. So you might want to contact the owner of the Web page to ask them to fix the problem.
- Web sites do not display or work correctly for you.
- You cannot open Internet Explorer.
- You receive an error message that resembles the following:Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
Abnormal program termination
If you continue to receive script errors on multiple Web sites, view Knowledge Base article 308260 for additional troubleshooting information.
ID d'article : 822521 - Dernière mise à jour : 5 août 2016 - Révision : 1