In Microsoft Windows 2000, ADSI is a system component. Because of Windows File Protection, ADSI cannot be installed over or deleted.
In Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, and Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, ADSI is a separately installed component.
The Active Directory Client Extensions (DSClient) is the replacement for ADSI 2.x. There are two versions of the DSClient:
- One for computers that are running Windows 95 and Windows 98
- One for Windows NT Server and workstation
- By examining the registry.
- By reviewing the version numbers of certain files in the file system.
Examine the registryRecent versions of ADSI install the following registry key that contains the current version number:
Version ValueVersions that are earlier than ADSI 2.5 do not have this registry key. If this key is not present, look for the following key:
Earlier than 2.5 n/a
Windows 2000 5,0,00,0
DSClient for 9x 5,0,00,0
DSClient for NT This registry value will not be created or updated.
If the previous key is present, ADSI 2.0 is installed. If this key is not present, look then for the following key:
Examine the file systemADSI installs several DLLs and a type library into the system root folder of the computer. On a Windows NT-based computer or a Windows 2000-based computer, this folder is typically the \Winnt\System32 folder. On a Windows 95-based computer or a Windows 98-based computer, the folder is the \Windows\System folder.
The following tables match ADSI files together with their corresponding version:
|File name||2.0 Web installation||2.5|
|ActiveDs.tlb||no version listed||4.1.258.1|
|Adsmsext.dll||DLL not present||4.1.258.1|
|File name||Windows2000||DSClient for 98||DSClient for NT|
|Adsnds.dll||5.0.2143.1||5.0.2143.1||DLL not present|
|Adsnw.dll||5.0.2143.1||5.0.2143.1||DLL not present|
- An ADSI installation also updates the Wldap32.dll file and the Nwapi32.dll file. However, libraries are also updated by service packs and other Microsoft applications.
- When you upgrade an earlier version of ADSI with the DSClient for NT, the DLLs that are not present in the DSClient for NT installation are not overwritten.
Beta versions of ADSI 2.5 were also available from the Web before the official release of ADSI 2.5. The version numbers for ADSI 2.5 are in the syntax 4.1.25X.1, where X has the value 0 (zero) in the initial Beta release up through a value of 8 for the final release build. You must upgrade prerelease versions of ADSI 2.5 to the release build.
ID d'article : 216290 - Dernière mise à jour : 22 juin 2014 - Révision : 1