Outlook Express applies the actions of each of the message rules but it seems as though only the last message rule configured is performed. This is because Outlook Express does not stop processing rules after carrying out an action unless configured to do so.
Method 1 - Delete the RuleTo change this behavior, delete the rule you do not want. To delete a rule:
- On the Tools menu, point to Message Rules, and then click Mail.
- Click the rule you do not want, click Remove, and then click Yes.
- Click OK.
Method 2 - Configure Outlook Express to Stop Processing Multiple Rules
To configure Outlook Express to stop processing multiple rules:
- On the Tools, menu, point to Message Rules, and then click Mail.
- Select the rule that seems to behave incorrectly, and then click Modify.
- In the Actions section of the dialog box, select the Stop Processing More Rules check box.
The Stop Processing More Rules action should be set for most message rules to prevent this issue from occuring.
ID d'article : 217243 - Dernière mise à jour : 24 janv. 2007 - Révision : 1