You may also receive this error message if you add a trailing backslash to a path, such as "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\", in the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
Case 1When the virtual server is created in IIS 4.0, the path is manually typed into the wizard and an extra space is appended to the path. FrontPage reads the path from the metabase and cannot properly install the Server Extensions if the installation path has a space at the end.
Case 2The home directory on the Personal Web Server is pointing to C:\Inetpub\Wwwroot and the Wwwroot folder is missing. As a result, the administrator cannot create the _vti_pvt folder and install the extensions.
Case 1In the Internet Service Manager, remap the home directory by using the Browse button. This guarantees that there is no extra space at the end of the path.
Case 2To add the Wwwroot folder to your Personal Web Server, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Windows Start menu and click Explore on the menu that appears.
- Browse to the C:\Inetpub folder.
- With the Inetpub folder selected, point to New on the File menu, and then click Folder.
- Type Wwwroot and press ENTER. A new folder named Wwwroot will be added as a subfolder under the Inetpub folder.
- Install the FrontPage Server Extensions to your Personal Web Server. For more information about obtaining and installing the FrontPage Server Extensions, please see the following Microsoft Web site:
ID d'article : 226519 - Dernière mise à jour : 22 juin 2014 - Révision : 1