"Virtual Machine Manager lost the connection to the virtual machine because another connection was established to this machine."
Consider the following scenario:
- 2 user accounts exist: User1 and User2
- User1 is not a configured in SCVMM anywhere
- User2 is a member of a Self-Service User role in SCVMM and is the owner of a VM
- User1 logs onto a Windows client and connects to the SSP where they authenticate as User2
- The VM owned by User2 is selected from the list and the "Connect to VM" button is clicked
In this scenario, the error message above is displayed.
By default the "Do not store my credentials" radio button is selected which causes this behaviour.
User1 can be authenticated on the Hyper-V host, but Authorization Manager (AzMan) fails to find any record of their privileges to connect to the VM's console.(As authentication succeeds, it is not considered a "failed logon attempt".)
ID d'article : 2288932 - Dernière mise à jour : 26 juil. 2010 - Révision : 1