Diagnose and fix the problem automatically
Was this information helpful? Please send us your feedback
When you try to use Remote Assistance to offer assistance to a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you receive the following error message:
The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable.
This problem can occur because Remote Assistance is blocked by the Windows Firewall on the computer that receives assistance.
How the MATS package works to fix this problem
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the following requirements are met:
- Windows Firewall is the default firewall.
- The computer is running Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Remote Assistance is blocked in Windows Firewall for the current network location
- If all the requirements are met, the troubleshooter asks you if you want to allow Remote Assistance.
- If you click Yes, the troubleshooter allows Remote Assistance. If you click No, Remote Assistance remains blocked.