- These keyboard commands work for the most common keyboard configurations. If these commands do not work on your keyboard, see the keyboard documentation to find the appropriate commands for your keyboard.
- Do not use the PLUS SIGN (+) key on the numeric keypad when you follow these steps.
- Make sure that Num Lock is off before you use numeric keypad commands.
- When you use these keyboard commands, make sure that your game is not paused. The game is in paused mode if you see a message that is similar to the following in the lower-left corner: Press P to unpause the game, and then follow these steps.
Shut down jet enginesTo shut down jet engines in Flight Simulator, press CTRL+SHIFT+F1. After a short pause, the engines will shut down.
Start jet engines
Follow the steps for your version of Flight Simulator.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of FlightTo start the engine in Flight Simulator X or in Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight, press and hold CTRL+E. Do not let go of the keyboard commands until you hear that the engine has fully started.
Note On multiengine aircraft, engine commands affect all engines unless you first select an engine by pressing E + engine number (1-4). To revert to controlling all engines, press E + all engine numbers in quick succession (E, 1, 2, and so on).
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 or Microsoft Flight Simulator 98To start jet engines in Flight Simulator 2000 or in Flight Simulator 98, follow these steps:
- Press M, and then press the PLUS SIGN (+) key at the top of the keyboard to start the magnetos.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+F4 to start the fuel flow.
- Press J, and then press the PLUS SIGN (+) key at the top of the keyboard to start the engines.
Method 1On the main menu, click Learning Center.
Method 2When you are flying, press and hold ALT. Then, click Learning Center on the Help menu.
You can view the Flight Notes for each aircraft to learn how to start the engine. For example, to learn how to start the engine for Boeing 737-400, start the Learning Center, click the Index tab, locate Boeing 737-400, and then click Flight Notes. The engine startup information will be available in the document.
For more information about keyboard assignments for Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight. And to review keyboard assignments for Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight, visit the following Web site:
For Flight Simulator 2004: http://fsrijnmond.airworld.nl/PDF%20bestanden/FS2004-Toetsenbordcommando's.pdf
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
ID d'article : 179122 - Dernière mise à jour : 9 mai 2012 - Révision : 1