You can disable bindings to the DHCP service in SBS 4.5 and Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 and later. To prevent the DHCP service from becoming inactive because of another DHCP server at the ISP, disable the DHCP service bindings for the interface connected to the ISP:
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows NT 4.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network.
- On the Bindings tab, click all services in the Show Bindings box.
- Click the plus sign (+) to expand Microsoft DHCP Server.
- Click the plus sign (+) to expand TCP/IP Protocol.
- Click the adapter or interface you want to use for the ISP connection, and then click Disable.
How to Obtain the Latest Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack