Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- Issue 1
Adds support for Webjobs in Windows Azure Pack Websites.
Symptom Tenant users cannot set up and run background tasks to perform batch jobs that are related to their websites. The Windows Azure Webjobs functionality is not supported in the Windows Azure Pack (WAP) Websites Resource Provider.
Resolution Tenant users now have access to this functionality through the WAP Websites Resource Provider. This functionality is enabled through the Administrator site when you configure a plan and make it available to tenants in the Tenants site. With this functionality, creation Webjobs creation can be run manually or continuously in the background.
- Issue 2
Adds support for Deployment Slots in Windows Azure Pack Websites.
Symptom Tenant users cannot deploy to slots other than their production slot in a WAP Websites environment. The Slots or Staging environments for Websites that are currently available in the public Azure Web App Service is not available in the WAP Websites Resource Provider.
Resolution Tenants can now use deployment slots that are associated with their websites. Web app content and configuration elements can be swapped between two deployment slots. This includes the production slot.
- Issue 3
Adds support for Virtual Machine Checkpoint.
Symptom Tenant users cannot create a checkpoint of the current state of a virtual machine (VM) through the VMM/SPF Resource Provider.
Resolution Tenants can now create a checkpoint of a virtual machine and restore it when this is necessary. This differs from the regular VM Checkpoints in that only a single Checkpoint can be created, and every time that a Checkpoint is created, the previous one is overwritten.
- Issue 5
Adds support to maintain Data Consistency between the SQL Resource Provider configured properties for resources (such as databases, resource pools, and workload groups) with the actual provisioned resources on the SQL Server Hosting server (or servers). This allows for the detection of differences of the SQL Resource Provider configuration data after administrators directly change the SQL Server computer.
Symptom SQL Server RP configuration data may become unsynchronized with the actual resources that are deployed in the target Instances of SQL Server. This issue occurs if changes are made directly to the servers and not through the WAP SQL Server RP.
Resolution There's a new set of RESTful API calls that enable the resynchronization of the SQL RP configuration data with the actual state of the target SQL Server.
- Issue 6
Compatibility with the next version of Windows Server:
- New UI artifacts are for review only; they do not have complete functionality behind them.
- Dependency on the URL Rewrite IIS Module has been removed.
- Issue 7
Fixes several SQL Server Resource Provider issues:
- An incorrect error message is displayed when database creation fails because total server capacity is exceeded by the consumption defined in the plan.
- The Get-MgmtSvcSqlResourcePoolByTemplate command does not provide the expected output when it is provided with an invalid RG template ID.
- A tenant can delete any unmanaged database by guessing its name.
- Tenants cannot increase the size of their databases even after the administrator increases the quota for the plan.
- Issue 8
- A range of minor fixes
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 6 for Windows Azure Pack
Download informationUpdate packages for Windows Azure Pack are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an Operational Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update., and then click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup package that you want, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Manually download update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
ID d'article : 3051166 - Dernière mise à jour : 28 avr. 2015 - Révision : 1