- You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, or Windows 8.
- You install updates from Windows Update.
- You restart Windows when you are prompted to do this.
This is an expected message. However, the system appears to stop responding (hangs) for about 15 minutes. After this time, the system does restart. However, the updates that you just installed are now uninstalled.
Additionally, an entry that resembles the following may be logged in the CBS.log file under %SystemRoot%\Logs\CBS:
Shtd: Timed out waiting for shutdown processing to complete - no progress detected in last 900000 milliseconds
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate the following subkey:
- Right-click the TrustedInstaller key, and then click Permissions.
- Grant the Full Control user right to the Administrators group.
- Change the BlockTimeIncrement value to 2a30 (Hexadecimal).
Note This change sets the time-out value to three hours. This should be sufficient for most situations. However, you may have to try a larger value in your environment.
- Restart the server, and then apply the hotfix again.
ID d'article : 3064434 - Dernière mise à jour : 15 mai 2015 - Révision : 1