- Your computer automatically restarts.
- After you log on, you receive the following error message:Microsoft WindowsIf you want to see the data that the error report contains, click the click herelink at the bottom of the message box. You then see error signature information that may be similar to the following:
The system has recovered from a serious error.
A log of this error has been created.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Windows. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error report contains, click here.
BCCode : 000000E3 BCP1 : 82175704 BCP2 : 82282da8 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000002 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
- You receive the following Stop error message: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...
*** STOP: 0x000000E3 (0x82175704, 0x82282da8, 0x00000000, 0x00000002)
Bug Check Symbolic Name
- An entry that is similar to the following appears in the System log:
- The symptoms of a Stop error vary according to your computer's system failure and recovery options.
For more information about how to configure these options, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:307973 How to configure system failure and recovery options in Windows
- The values in the error signature information and the values inside the parentheses of the technical information may vary according to the computer's configuration.
- Not all "Stop 0x000000E3" errors are caused by the problem that is described in this article.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
04-Jun-2005 00:11 5.1.2600.2691 143,616 Fastfat.sys
ID d'article : 900808 - Dernière mise à jour : 23 mai 2014 - Révision : 1