System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_ FullTextCatalog" is not permitted because it is not online. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include only online data. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
The full-text catalog may be online because one or more of the following conditions are true:
- The full-text catalog folder is either deleted or corrupted.
- You did not enable the database for full-text indexing.
- The database is restored from a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database backup. Therefore, the folder of the full-text catalog in the database does not exist on the server where you restore the database.
- The instance of SQL Server 2005 that you are running was upgraded from SQL Server 2000. However, the full-text search service cannot be accessed during the upgrade.
- The database is attached from somewhere. However, you specify the incorrect location for the full-text catalog folder during the attachment.
- Locate the folder that contains the files for the problematic full-text catalog.
- Run the ALTER DATABASE statement. Specify in the statement the correct location for the full-text catalog.
For more information about how to use the ALTER DATABASE statement in this scenario, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site, and then search for the "Moving Full-Text Catalogs" topic:
- Rebuild the problematic full-text catalog in the database.
- Perform a full backup of the database in SQL Server 2005 again.
- If you have not enabled the database for full-text indexing, you must enable this option first before you can perform a full backup of the database in SQL Server 2005.
For more information about how to enable a database for full-text indexing in SQL Server 2005, visit the following MSDN Web site:
- If you do not need the full-text catalog any longer, you can drop the problematic full-text catalog. Then, perform a full backup of the database in SQL Server 2005.
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- In SQL Server 2005, create a full-text catalog.
- Stop the full-text search service.
- Kill the full-text search process in Windows Task Manager if the process exists.
- Delete the full-text catalog folder. The full-text catalog folder is located in the following folder:%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\FTData
- Start the full-text search service.
- Perform a full back of the database that contains the full-text catalog.
ID d'article : 923355 - Dernière mise à jour : 9 juil. 2009 - Révision : 1