Existing subscribers will continue to be supported throughout the term of their subscriptions. Existing subscribers can reinstall by following the steps to download a trial, and can still add a PC to their existing OneCare circle.
Windows Live OneCare is no longer available for sale
Learn more about end of sale for OneCare.
On September 29th 2009, Microsoft introduced Microsoft Security Essentials, a FREE consumer anti-malware solution for Genuine Windows based PCs.
Learn more about Microsoft Security Essentials or download from Microsoft directly at: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx.
Important Use this tool only if a support agent directs you to do this.
To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer in safe mode.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER:cd %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live
- Type SafeModeAVScanner, include the options that are provided by support personnel, and then press ENTER.
C:\Program Files\Windows Live OneCare> SafeModeAVScanner
Windows Live OneCare Safe Mode Virus and Spyware Scanning Tool
Usage: SafeModeAVScanner.exe [–s | –d < directory to scan >] [–b –h]
- -s scans the whole computer. Note You cannot use -d together with this option.
- -d filepath scans a specified file or folder.
- -b scans the boot sector. When you use this option, memory is not scanned.
- -h performs a heuristic scan. This kind of scan looks for behavior that may indicate the presence of a virus.
- SafeModeAVScanner –s –h
These options use heuristic-based detection to scan the whole computer.
- SafeModeAVScanner –d c:\Users –h –b
These options scan the c:\Users folder and all boot sectors.
ID d'article : 925222 - Dernière mise à jour : 16 avr. 2013 - Révision : 1