You may return most apps or games for a refund if they've been used two hours or less. If you can't get a return approved, try the following:
- If you're not running Windows 10 Creators Update or later, update Windows. On Start , go to Settings > Update & security > Windows update.
- Check your telemetry setting. If it's turned off, turn it on.
- Check your setting for Diagnostics and usage data. If it's set to Full or Enhanced, set it to Basic. On Start , go to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics.
- If steps 1-3 worked, wait a bit and try again.
- If it's a new game, or you just set up your Home console or offline PC, you'll need to wait 24 hours to request a refund.
If you still can't get your request approved, the app or game might not collect data we need to measure how long the app or game was used, (including zero usage). Only apps or games that collect usage data are eligible for refund.
Article ID: 4016615 - Last Review: 26 out, 2017 - Revision: 18