This article describes the special characters that are not supported in Microsoft FRx. Additionally, this article describes why the special characters are not supported and lists the areas in which the special characters are not recommended in Microsoft FRx.
Special characters that are not supportedA complete list of the special characters that are not supported is as follows:
Why the special characters are not supported in Microsoft FRx
- Microsoft FRx supports multiple general ledger applications. Therefore, Microsoft FRx can query several different databases. Each database has its own specific requirements. The specific requirements make it difficult to support the special characters. For example, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Dynamics SL may handle the special characters differently.
- Microsoft FRx supports several different output types. Each output type has its own requirements for the special characters. Examples of the output types are as follows:
- Microsoft Office Excel
- The Microsoft FRx engine uses a control that performs all the calculations. The Microsoft FRx engine must reserve the following special characters to use in an account description:
Areas in which the special characters are not recommended in Microsoft FRx
- Building block names or building block descriptions (Row, Column, Tree, or Catalog)
- Company names or Microsoft FRx company codes (Company Information)
- Any field in Microsoft FRx that originates from a general ledger
Note This includes the account description.
- The Link to GL column in the row layout
- Any budget ID in the column layout
- An e-mail address that is entered into the tree or into the catalog layout
- WebPort folders or report names
- Windows user names when you use Windows authentication
- Microsoft Forecaster-specific fields
- Multidimensional Analysis (MDA) codes
- Transaction dimension type names in Analytical Accounting for Microsoft FRx
מזהה פריט: 941691 - סקירה אחרונה: 2 באוג׳ 2011 - תיקון: 1