- Cluster failover time is longer for the cluster groups that contain disk resources for which you have enabled the Volume Shadow Copy Service. Also, the disk volumes of the cluster nodes take longer to go online and offline during a cluster failover. Taking a disk offline and then online on the same node also has the same delay.
The following events may be logged in the Application log:
- Non-cluster servers take longer to start. When you disable the Volume Shadow Copy Service on the server volumes, the servers start as expected.
To work around this issue, create a new registry key to restrict the number of shadow copy files that are created on each disk volume to 20.
Note This value is only a suggested starting value. We recommend that you find a value that is appropriate for your working environment.
To create the new registry key, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VSS\Settings
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type MaxShadowCopies, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click MaxShadowCopies, type 20 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
מזהה פריט: 945058 - סקירה אחרונה: 30 במרץ 2015 - תיקון: 1