- The parameters in this Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer and on the type of the issue.
- Not all "0x00000019" Stop errors are caused by this problem.
- Run the following command at a command prompt:fsutil behavior set disable8dot3 1
- Restart the computer.
Method 2Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem
- Right-click NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Note The default value is 0.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- To make this registry change effective, restart the computer.
For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
מזהה פריט: 948289 - סקירה אחרונה: 6 באוק׳ 2014 - תיקון: 1