Closing your account means you won’t be able to use it to sign in to the Microsoft products and services you’ve been using. So before you close your account, take the time to tie up loose ends, cancel subscriptions, and make sure you don’t leave anything important behind—like files in your OneDrive, money from gift cards, emails in Outlook.com, and more. You might also want to let people know how to contact you after your Microsoft account email address is gone.
Before you close your account
To close your account
When you're sure you're ready:
- Go to Close your account.
- If you're prompted to sign in and/or verify your account, follow the instructions.
- Check that the page shows the correct Microsoft account, and then click Next.
- Read the list, and click the checkboxes to acknowledge you’ve read each item.
- In the Select a reason drop-down list, choose the reason you're closing the account.
- Click Mark account for closure.
After you close your account
When you tap or click the Mark account for closure button, we wait 60 days before permanently deleting your Microsoft account, in case you change your mind or need to access something on the account before it’s gone forever.
During the waiting period, your account is marked for closure but it still exists. If you want to reopen your Microsoft account, just sign in again within that 60 days. We’ll cancel the account closure, and everything will be just as you left it.
आलेख ID: 12412 - पिछली समीक्षा: 16/05/2017 - संशोधन: 24