My computer is on a domain
- Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts, clicking User Accounts, and then clicking Manage User Accounts.If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- On the Users tab, under Users for this computer, click the user account name, and then click Reset Password.
- Type the new password, confirm the new password, and then click OK.
My computer is in a workgroup
- If you type the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
- Click Reset password, and then insert your password reset disk or USB flash drive.
- Follow the steps in the Password Reset wizard to create a new password.
- Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
If an administrator resets your password, you might lose access to some of your files.
आलेख ID: 14048 - पिछली समीक्षा: 31/08/2016 - संशोधन: 12