Set up a drive for File History
Otherwise, follow these steps to choose either a network drive or an external drive that’s already connected to your PC.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
- Enter File History settings in the search box, and then select File History settings.
- Select Select a drive, and choose the network or external drive you want to use.
- Turn on File History.
If the network drive you want isn’t in the list of available drives, select Show all network locations. If the drive you want isn’t listed there either, open File History in Control Panel, select Add a network location, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Restore files or folders using File History
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search), enter restore your files in the search box, and then select Restore your files with File History.
- Enter the name of file you're looking for in the search box, or use the left and right arrows to browse through different versions of your folders and files.
- Select what you want to restore to its original location, and then select the Restore button.
If you want to restore your files to a different location than the original, press and hold or right-click the Restore button, select Restore To, and then choose a new location.
आलेख ID: 17128 - पिछली समीक्षा: 31/08/2016 - संशोधन: 22