This document describes the process that Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 goes through when generating labels in Advanced Shipment Management.
- Labels are printed from the Container Builder screen (50.002.00) by clicking Print or by clicking Print or by clicking Print All.
- A data file is created in the Label Working Directory found in ASM Setup (50.950.00) and is named SOL%.TXT where % is the next sequential number found in the folder. If there are no files present waiting to be printed the file will be called SOL1.TXT.
- A record is added to the EDWrkLabelPrint table
- The record includes the following paths and file names in the table:
|EDWrkLabelPrint.DataFile||This field contains the path to the Label Working Directory found in ASM Setup (50.950.00) and has the file name of the data file created by the 50.405.00 process.|
|EDWrkLabelPrint.IniFileName||This is hard coded and will always be "AN\5040500.ini". The file is not included in the Installation and must be added manually by pulling an old copy of the file from a previous version and placing the file in the SL\Applications\AN folder. See MBS Solomon bug 20105.|
|EDWrkLabelPrint.LabelDBPath||This is the file path found in EDI Site Maintenance (44.204.00) in the Label Text File Path box. If there is nothing entered in this box for the site ID that labels are being printed for, it will use the Default Label Text File Path found in ASM Setup (50.950.00).|
|EDWrkLabelPrint.LabelFileName||This is the .qdf file that is specified in Customer Maintenance (44.201.00) in the Shipment Label Name box.|
- Label Manager (50.405.00) monitors the EDWrkLabelPrint Table and when it finds the record it will take the file found in the DataFile path and place that file in the Label Database Directory that is setup in the Label Print Engine (SL\Applications\AN\labelengine.exe) as LABELS.TXT. It will also use the 5040500.ini file found in the same location to create the SCHEMA.INI file and place that file in the same folder.
- Once the files have been successfully created in the Label Database Directory, Label Manager deletes the SOL%.TXT file from the Label Working Directory, and it will delete the record from the EDWrkLabelPrint table.
- The Label Print Engine monitors the Label Database Directory for the SCHEMA.INI File. When it finds the SCHEMA.INI file it uses the data provided to start Label Matrix Lite and print the labels.
- Once the labels have been successfully sent to the printer, the Label Print Engine deletes the LABELS.TXT and SCHEMA.INI files from the Label Database Directory.
आलेख ID: 2003550 - पिछली समीक्षा: 03/02/2017 - संशोधन: 2