The following products:
The following markets:
Credit and debit cards are removed from the Microsoft payment system when they have no enabled subscriptions associated with them and there has been 18 months of inactivity. This means that credit or debit cards that have not had a charge or refund applied to it within the last 18 months will be automatically deleted from the Microsoft payment system.
L1 Support Boundaries:
How to identify when a credit or debit card has been removed from the Microsoft payment system
- If a customer’s credit or debit card has been removed the following comment will be documented in the Billing Comments: ‘Payment instrument CREDITCARD/CC TYPE/last 4 digits nuked’.
For example: ‘CREDITCARD/VISA/0101 nuked’.
- The Billing Activity will not contain any information for the time the customer used the removed card even though they have a subscription history.
- The customer will not see any Billing History associated with the removed credit or debit card on http://billing.microsoft.com.
How to help a customer that needs a refund for the time period associated with the removed credit or debit card
- Because the credit or debit card is no longer in the Microsoft payment system, the customer will be issued a check if the refund request is approved.
- Forcheck requests, please escalate to a Billing L2.5 agent or GEST Billing. Note – This is currently for US customers only.
- If the customer is not located in the US, please escalate the case but do not set expectations with the customer that a check will be issued.
How to assist customer’s that need billing history for the removed credit or debit card
Microsoft follows industry standard of removing non-active credit or debit cards after 18 months of inactivity, therefore we are unable to provide them a statement of billing history associated with the removed credit or debit card.
“Microsoft follows the industry wide practice of removing credit or debit card information on file after 18 months of inactivity. After that time, the transaction information is automatically removed from our systems. Please review your old credit card or bank statements for your payment history.”
Can a customer associate a removed credit or debit card with a new or existing subscription?
Customers are able to add a removed credit or debit card back to their account. Please follow the established process for adding a new credit card. For more information on how to add a new credit card, refer to the following KB article:
910572 How to add a new credit card in CAP
L2 Support Boundaries
Customers who request a refund for transactions that occurred against a credit card that has been removed by the system, will need to have the refund request approved, and if the refund request is approved a check will be issued to them. If the customer is currently located and purchased service in the United States, please collect the following information from the customer.
- Name of the account holder to be refunded.
- Current mailing address to send the check to.
- The amount of refund being requested.
Once this information has been collected, please escalate the customer’s case to the Billing Escalations team using the following KB article.
822876 - How to escalate billing issues to GEST
Note:If the customer is not located in the US, escalate the case, but do not set expectations with the customer that a check will be issued. Non-US customers will be addressed in a case by case basis by the escalations team.
If the customer is experiencing any other issue that may be related to this process (i.e. adding a card that has been previously removed), please collect all necessary information pertaining to the customers issue and escalate using the KB article listed above.
आलेख ID: 2009896 - पिछली समीक्षा: - संशोधन: 1