- You try to install many updates from Windows Update. This includes update 3000850.
- You are using a native 4K sector disk as a system drive.
However, after the update installation process finishes and the computer is restarted, you may receive one of the following error messages:
Note The number of operations and file names may vary.
In this situation, the computer doesn't restart successfully.
fsutil resource setlog maxextents 100 C:\
Note This command increases the maximum number of containers for the boot drive (drive C) to 100. (The default value is 20.) If you set the value to 100 and still experience the same error, you may want to try a higher number.
If you have already experienced the issue that's described in the "Symptoms" section, you can recover from the issue by following these steps:
- While the error message is displayed, press the power button to turn off the computer.
- Press the power button and then immediately press the F8 key. This displays the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Select Repair Your Computer, and then press Enter.
- On the Choose an option menu, select Troubleshoot.
- On the Advanced options menu, select Command Prompt.
- Select the administrator account, and then enter the password.
- At a command prompt (cmd.exe), run the following command:
Dism /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions
- Close the command prompt.
- On the Choose an option menu, select Continue.
आलेख ID: 3074603 - पिछली समीक्षा: 03/12/2015 - संशोधन: 1