A common applications that use Active Directory: Exchange Server, Systems Management Server 2003 Server, ISA Server Enterprise, Live Communication Server 2003, Instant Message. Services For Unix 2-3.5.
Understanding and Troubleshooting Directory Access
2. Stop any service depend Active Directory on the server it self.
3. Before demote the server verity that FSMO roles moved to another server.
4. If the Domain Controller that need to be demote function also has Global Catalog, remove Global Catalog function and reboot the server
to allow the new settings to be affective in the Active Directory. The update time of the Active Directory to the new configurations may take
up to few days - depend on replication structure of your Active Directory.
5. If the Domain Controller function also has DNS server, transfer the service to another server - you may need also to change the local network configuration and
reboot the server to allow the new settings to be affective in the Active Directory.
6. Verity time synchronization between the Domain Controller and the PDC Emulator.
HOW TO: View and Transfer FSMO Roles in Windows Server 2003
Active Directory Operations Guide
आलेख ID: 555078 - पिछली समीक्षा: 14/02/2017 - संशोधन: 1