It is possible to assign a specific printer or printers to an individual user or to groups of users by simply modifying the permissions to the printer or printers.
To achieve this fuctionality, you will first need to install the updated version of Localspl.dll on the Terminal Server.
For additional information about obtaining this file, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Create the printers locally on the server through LPT, LPR, DLC, Local Port, and so on. For more information on creating local printers, click Help on the menu bar in the Printers folder.
- Open the Printers folder and right-click the printer you want to assign.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Permissions.
- This will display the Printers Permissions Applet where security for the printer can be modified
- Select the "Everyone" name and click Remove. This should leave Administrators and PowerUsers with Full Control and Creator Owner with Manage Document permissions.
- Add the user or users you want to allow to see and use this printer and give them the Print permission.
- Perform these steps on each printer you want to assign.
ID članka: 218994 - posljednja izmjena: 31. lis 2006. - verzija: 1