The Disk Defragmenter tool is based on the full retail version of Diskeeper by Diskeeper Corporation. The version that is included with Microsoft Windows 2000 and later provides limited functionality in maintaining disk performance by defragmenting volumes that use the FAT, the FAT32, or the NTFS file system.
This version has the following limitations:
- It can defragment only local volumes.
- It can defragment only one volume at a time.
- It cannot defragment one volume while scanning another.
- It cannot be scheduled.
- It can run only one Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in at a time.
- It cannot defragment NTFS volumes with cluster sizes larger then 4 kilobytes (KB) in Windows 2000.This limitation has been removed for Disk Defragmenter in Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Fine-grained movement of uncompressed NTFS file data is not possible in Windows 2000. Moving a single file cluster also moves the 4-KB part of the file that contains the cluster. This limitation has been removed for Disk Defragmenter in Windows XP and later.
- In Windows 2000, it does not defragment NTFS metadata files, such as the Master File Table (MFT), or the metadata that describes a directory's contents. This limitation has been removed in Windows XP and later. It cannot defragment encrypted files in Windows 2000. This limitation has been removed in Windows XP and later.
ID članka: 227463 - posljednja izmjena: 28. srp 2011. - verzija: 1