This article applies to a Microsoft Access database (.mdb) and to a Microsoft Access project (.adp).
- Microsoft Jet 4.0, Service Pack 5 (SP5) or a later version
- Borland Database Engine (BDE)
Note Paradox data is only updateable when Jet 4.0 SP5 or a later version or the BDE is installed. Without Jet 4.0 SP5 or a later version or the BDE, Paradox data can be read, imported and exported, or linked to as read-only.
There may be incompatibilities with certain versions of the BDE. The symptoms of the incompatibilities vary. The symptoms depend on the version of the BDE. The BDE version 5.01 is recommended. The following table lists the behavior that is supported for each Paradox file format:
|Paradox 3, 4, 5 ISAM only||Import\export\link-read-only|
|Paradox 3, 4, 5 ISAM with Jet 4 Service Pack 5||Import\export\link-read write|
|Paradox 3, 4, 5 ISAM with the BDE||Import\export\link-read write|
|Paradox 7-8||No support provided|
Install the latest Jet 4.0 service packFor additional information about how to obtain the latest Jet 4.0 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Borland Database EngineContact Inprise, Inc. or a third-party vendor to obtain the BDE. Obtain the licensing and the run-time distribution requirements for the BDE from Inprise, Inc.
For additional information about third-party Paradox ODBC driver vendors, visit the following Web site:
- If neither Jet 4.0 SP5 or a later version nor the BDE is installed, the following are true:
- Microsoft Access does not prompt for, use, or maintain Paradox indexes as in earlier versions of Microsoft Access. If Jet 4.0 SP5 or a later version or the BDE is installed, Access uses and maintains the indexes.
- APPEND, UPDATE, and DELETE are no longer supported.
- You can continue bulk writing of data to Paradox tables by using the INSERT INTO ... SELECT ... FROM ... syntax. However, the indexes are no longer maintained.
- If the BDE is not installed, the following are true:
- The Paradox ISAM puts an exclusive lock on Paradox files when these files are opened. This includes opening linked Paradox tables or Paradox tables that are opened by using DAO.
- Multi-user capability is no longer supported.
- Concurrent ODBC connections to the same table, from the same computer, or from multiple computers, are no longer supported.
- The Paradox ISAM only supports the 8.3 naming convention as in earlier versions of Access.
- Paradox extensions are not supported when you use the Microsoft Paradox IISAM. This is true even if a version of the BDE is installed that supports Paradox extensions.
ID članka: 230126 - posljednja izmjena: 20. tra 2009. - verzija: 1