There are some cases when this feature breaks and you experience one of the following errors:
- The View Designer option is unavailable in a default "Windows Application" in the following areas:
Microsoft Development Environment
- On the View menu when you select Designer
- In the Project Explorer Window when the file is selected
- In the context menu when right-clicking on the file
- An incorrect version of the COMCAT.dll.
- An attempt to use the trial version of the product with a more recent virtual machine.
- Incorrect version of COMCAT.dll.
There are two version of COMCAT.dll:
- Version 4.71: 22 KB (Correct version)
- Version 5.00: 6 KB (Incorrect version)
If you find the incorrect version of COMCAT.dll on your system, the following steps will correct the problem:
- Unregister COMCAT.dll version 5.0 - on the Start menu, select Run, and type:
regsvr32 /u Comcat.dll
- Delete or rename the incorrect COMCAT.dll file.
- Copy COMCAT.dll 4.71 version from the Visual J++ 6.0 CD-ROM to the location you found version 5.0 - [windir]/system directory.
NOTE: You will find the correct version on the CD-ROM in the \Common\Ide\Ide98\Redist directory.
- Register COMCAT.dll version 4.71 - on the Start menu, select Run, and type:
- In the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs, select Microsoft Visual J++ 6.0, and click Reinstall to "repeat the last installation to restore missing files and settings".
- Using the trial version of Visual J++.
You must remove the trial version and install a release version of the product.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Create a new default Windows Application project.
- Double-click on the Form file.
- One of the earlier scenarios explained in the "Symptoms section" will occur.
ID članka: 234345 - posljednja izmjena: 14. velj 2017. - verzija: 1