If you select Provide additional security for reference tracking on the Default Properties tab with the default impersonation level set to Anonymous, through either the Component Services explorer or the Dcomcnfg tool, one of the following problems may occur:
- You may receive a Catalog error when you expand the Computers folder in the Component Services explorer.
- Internet Information Server (IIS) does not open from the Microsoft Management Console (MMC). The following error message appears:Error connecting to <Computer name> . Unexpected error 0x80070153 occurred.
- You may receive the following error message:Could not prepare property pages because: Invalid value for registry" is given, when you try to open "Computer management", local users and groups, groups and click on properties of administrator or any other group.
These errors occur because of one of the following issues:
- The anonymous impersonation level is not supported by COM+.
- The authentication level "None" is not supported by COM+ when used with secure reference counting.
To work around this problem, run DCOMCNFG.exe and clear the check box for the Provide additional security for reference tracking option on the Default Properties tab.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative tools, and then click Component Services.
- When the Component Services explorer is open, double-click Component Services, and then click Computers to open the Computers folder.
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Default Properties tab.
- Select Provide additional security for reference tracking option.
- Click OK. NOTE: You do not need to restart your computer. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:236452 BUG: Component Service Explorer asks for reboot when changing default Launch/Access permission
- Close and then Reopen Component Services.
- Double-click the Computers folder.
- If the authentication level is set to "None" (regardless of the default impersonation level), the following error message appears:An error occurred while processing last operation.This occurs because the authentication level "None" is not supported by COM+ when used with secure reference counting.
Error code 80040153 - Invalid value for registry
Event log may contain additional trouble shooting information.
- If the authentication level is set to anything other than "None" and the default impersonation level is set to "Anonymous," the following error message appears:You no longer have permission to perform the requested action. If security is enabled on the System application of the target computer make sure you are included in the appropriate roles.This prevents IIS from opening in the Microsoft Management Console.
ID članka: 247566 - posljednja izmjena: 4. svi 2006. - verzija: 1