You have an Exchange Online hybrid deployment. You want to hide a mail-enabled security group that was created in the on-premises Active Directory so that it's not available to Office 365 users. However, after a directory synchronization, the security group is listed in the global address list (GAL) and visible to Office 365 users.
This problem occurs because the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute of the security group is not set.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Set the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute of the security group to True. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Locate and then right-click the group object, click Properties, and then click the Attribute Editor tab.
- Locate the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute, click Edit, and then change the value from <Not set> to True.
- Wait for directory synchronization to occur. Or, force directory synchronization.
ID članka: 3205648 - posljednja izmjena: 23. stu 2016. - verzija: 1
Microsoft Exchange Online