This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 12 for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager. There are three updates available for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager: one for Servers, one for the Administrator Console, and one for the Guest Agent. Additionally, this article contains the installation instructions for this update.
- Windows Server 2016 is added to the supported Guest OS list for Virtual Machine Manager.
- Virtual Machine Manager now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Enterprise and Standard editions to host the VMM database.
- Operating System tag displays Unknown for Windows Server 2016 Guest OS.
- Intermittent Deadlock in Dynamic Optimization job across Virtual Machine Manager and SQL Server, which prevents other Virtual Machine Manager jobs from running.
- Slow performance when you perform a refresh on virtual machines that have many checkpoints.
- Files are left over in the virtual machine library directory, even after the virtual machine is deleted from the library.
- The Fabric Cloud Monitor management pack logs erroneous errors when there are nested Virtual Machine Manager host groups.
- Virtual Machine Manager does not reestablish the service tier deployment status to Deployed even after it removes failed virtual machines after a failed scale-out operation.
- The PowerShell cmdlet Update-SCVMMManagedComputer breaks the Virtual Machine Manager Agent on Virtual Machine Manager Servers.
- The PowerShell cmdlet Get-SCOpsMgrConnection does not reestablish the correct status for the Operations Manager-VMM connection.
- Tenants cannot establish a console connect session from the Windows Azure Pack (WAP) tenant portal when the virtual machine is in the middle of a storage migration.
- Network settings are not applied to the virtual machine if created from a virtual machine template that contains network settings.
- You can't configure a Virtual LAN (VLAN) when the Virtual Machine network configuration changes on the virtual machine.
- When you try to create a Port SACL rule for ICMP outside Virtual Machine Manager and then refresh the virtual machine, the virtual machine refresh fails with an error (50269).
- The Virtual Machine Network UI throws an exception when the Logical Network has no Logical Network Definition specified.
- Gateway Clusters appear degraded in Virtual Machine Manager.
- VIPs of Guest Cluster Lookup records are set to static.
- VLAN information are not displayed correctly in the Virtual Machine Manager console.
- The Virtual Machine Manager F5 provider does not assign VIPs a unique name.
- Virtual machines in missing or unsupported states because of issues with storage are not being deleted or removed from Virtual Machine Manager.
- If there is a SAN Replication scenario when a failover occurs, all the storage disks from the primary site are unmounted and the recovery site storage is mounted to clusters.
- Failover operations with SAN replication fail and you receive the following error message:Could not initialize storage disk at recovery side.
- An upgrade from Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 to Virtual Machine Manager 2016 fails during the following upgrade process:
- Select Uninstall VMM 2012 R2 last cluster node with retain database.
- Update SQL Virtual Machine Manager database to SQL Server 2016.
- Install Virtual Machine Manager 2016 on a new Windows Server 2016 virtual machine and then select the existing database option.
- A previous installation of Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 is detected for an upgrade. However, the upgrade fails, and you receive the following error message:Failed sql script: Threw Exception.Type:Microsoft.VirtualManager.DB.CarmineSqlException, Exception.Message: Unable to connect to the VMM database because of a general database failure. Ensure that the SQL Server is running and configured correctly, then try the operation again.
- An intermittent crash occurs of the Virtual Machine Manager guest agent.
- Updating service templates by using WebDeploy causes the PowerShell cmdlet set-Acl to fail.
- After you apply this update rollup, if you try to connect a virtual machine (VM) to a "VLAN-Based independent" VM Network through VMM console, you may receive the following error message:
To work around this issue, use VMM PowerShell to provide required connectivity to the VM.
- Reinstallation of Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager or a later update
The reinstallation of Update Rollup 8 or a later update rollup fails, and you receive the following error message:time:InnerException.Type:System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, InnerException.Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate'. The duplicate key value is (5fddb85c-4ae5-4c8b-be83-9b2961a316dd).
- Uninstall the product, and keep the update rollup database.
- Run the PreR2ReInstall script on the retained database.
- Install the release version of System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager by directing the program to point to the retained database.
- Install the update rollup, and then run the PostInstall script.
- Start the VMM service if it does not start automatically.
For more information, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Adding a new node to a Highly Available Virtual Machine Manager (HAVMM) Cluster
When you add a new node to an HAVMM cluster and install Update Rollup 8 or a later rollup on the new node, you receive the following exception:This issue is not fixed in Update Rollup 12. To fix this exception, follow these steps:time:InnerException.Type:System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, InnerException.Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate'. The duplicate key value is (5fddb85c-4ae5-4c8b-be83-9b2961a316dd).
- Add the second node to the cluster.
- Stop the System Center Virtual Machine Manager service on the node where Virtual Machine Manager is installed.
- Run the PreR2ReInstall script on the database.
- Install the release version of System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager on the second node, pointing to the existing database.
- Install the update rollup on the second node, and then run the PostInstall script.
- Start the VMM service on the active node.
For more information, see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Update packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following websites to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Download Center:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
To manually install the update packages, run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /update packagename
For example, to install the Update Rollup 12 package for a System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2 server (KB3209585), run the following command:
msiexec.exe /update kb3209585_vmmserver_amd64.msp
- Performing an update to Update Rollup 12 on the VMM server requires installing the VMM Console, Server, and Guest Agent updates. For more details, see the following topic on the Microsoft TechNet website:
How to install, remove, or verify update rollups for System Center 2012 VMM
- After you install the Console and Server updates, perform the Agent update on all the hosts. For more details, see the following topic on TechNet:
How to Update the VMM Agent
Third-party information disclaimer
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Tech Reviewer: ashishme; aaronmax; richrund; justini; adoyle; scomtechreview; VirtTechReview; delhan
ID članka: 3209585 - posljednja izmjena: 10. velj 2017. - verzija: 49