About the "Get and set up the Outlook Mobile app on my phone" option
Microsoft Outlook 2016 offers an option to get and set up the Outlook Mobile app for your phone. The option appears in two places in Outlook:
- When you select the File tab in Outlook 2016, you see a link under Account Settings. The link text states the following:
Get the Outlook app for iPhone, iPad, Android, or Windows 10 Mobile.
- When you are at the end of the Add Account wizard in Outlook 2016, you see a checkbox that has the following text:
Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone, too.
How to remove this option from the two places in Outlook 2016
You can remove this option by adding and configuring the DisableOutlookMobileHyperlink registry entry, as follows.
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit Outlook 2016.
- Start Registry Editor. (Press Windows Key + R, type regedit.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.)
- In Registry Editor, locate and click one of the following subkeys:
- On the Edit menu, select New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type DisableOutlookMobileHyperlink.
- Select and hold (or right-click) DisableOutlookMobileHyperlink, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.