Image Builder Wizard (IBW) displays an error message in the CBS.log file (Component-Based Servicing log) when you try to install a monthly rollup by using one of the following methods:
- An answer file that was created in the Image Configuration Editor (ICE) after you clicked Add Applicable Updates.
- A configuration in IBW with the Include applicable updates option selected.
In these situations, you receive the following error message:
Method 1: Install the latest monthly rollup after IBW is finished and the image is booted. You can install the monthly rollup manually or through Windows Update (WU).
Method 2: Include only the latest monthly rollup in the answer file or in the distribution share (DS) that's available to IBW. For more information, see the list of monthly rollups.
To retain only the latest monthly rollup on the distribution share and to delete the older rollups, follow these steps:
- Delete the specific KB folders from the distribution share. For example, if you want to delete the Oct 2016 and Nov 2016 rollups while retaining only the Dec 2016 rollup:
- Delete the Oct 2016 monthly rollup (KB3185330) folder (x86~package_for_rollupfix~~~~7601.23547.1.2~1.0) from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Embedded Standard7\DSSP1\Packages\SecurityUpdate.
- Delete the Nov 2016 monthly rollup (KB3197868) folder (x86~package_for_rollup_fix~~~~7601.23586.1.5~1.0) from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Embedded Standard7\DSSP1\Packages\SecurityUpdate.
- Keep the Dec 2016 monthly rollup (KB3207752) folder (x86~package_for_rollupfix~~~~7601.23615.1.3~1.0)in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Embedded Standard7\DSSP1\Packages\SecurityUpdate.
- Open a command prompt, right-click, and then click Run as administrator.
- Change the directory by running the following command line:
cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Embedded Standard 7\Tools\Image Configuration Editor
- Run the following command, and let the rebuild of the distribution share index complete successfully:
ImportPackage.exe /Rebuild Index c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Embedded Standard 7\DSSP1