A brief video has been published to channel 9 to help explain onboarding, and Administrator Management.
Please Note: The Visual Studio subscriptions team is working to keep information flowing through the "Subscriptions-Administration" page. A full version of the FAQ can also be downloaded here. We are working on new content, and those artifacts will be available soon.
Overview: As customers leverage Microsoft Online Services that require an Azure Active Directory (AAD) tenant, Administrators may find themselves in a situation where their email address and the directory address isn't the same. To mitigate issues in this area, an additional address option has been added to the Administrator profile page that allows Super Admins to differentiate between sign-in and communication addresses
Work or school account: Likely created by your IT department for business use.
Personal Account: Also known as a Microsoft Account (MSA), this may have been an email address you created (e.g. outlook.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com).
Note: In some cases, your account could be both a Work or school account and a personal account. This happens with a business address passes through the Microsoft Account process. Some systems, like the Volume Licensing Service Center and MSDN, require a Personal Account type to log in. If you believe you've taken the steps to sign in, but are having trouble, select the "Personal account" option to sign in.
For a company who might have separate Directory and Email addresses, the below Administrator profile settings should be configured for successful sign in:
- The Super Admin must:
- Add the Administrator's directory address to the sign in field of the Administrator profile page.
- Add the Administrator's email address to the communication's field of the Administrator profile page.
- Once added to the "Administrators Group", the new Administrator will receive a Welcome Email.
- Following the steps in the Welcome Email, or going to https://manage.visualstudio.com will start the sign in process.
- During the sign in process, the Administrator may see a couple identity options presented.
- The Administrator should select the "Work or school account" option.
- The "Work or school account" option will redirect the Administrator to the Corporate sign-in page where a password, or other authentication types, can be entered.
Upon successful authentication, the Administrator should now be able to manage subscribers in the new portal.
The Administrator's address does not exist in the directory (also common for companies that are currently migrating to Microsoft Online Services).
Refer to the following articles for more details:
Our Volume Licensing team members will be able to assist you by clicking here.
Alternatively, please use the "Contact Us" menu options available at https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/.
- Click "Account, Subscription and Billing Support".
- From the available "Category" choose "Manage subscriptions for my team".
- From the available "Category" choose "Visual Studio Subscription (formerly MSDN) - For Your Company".
- Click "Assisted Support".
You will be directed to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) help page.