How to enable Personal Folders Backup add-in to work with Outlook 2010
The Microsoft Personal Folders Backup add-in (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF-5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en) does not work with Outlook 2010 by default.
This is caused by the new Fast Shutdown functionality in Outlook 2010. See http://blogs.msdn.com/rgregg/archive/2009/10/02/additional-shutdown-changes-for-outlook-2010-beta.aspx for more details.
To enable the Personal Folders Backup add-in to work with Outlook 2010 for you, go to the "Here's an easy fix" section. If you prefer to fix this problem manually, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Here's an easy fixTo fix this problem automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- Before you run the automatic fix, please make sure that you have installed the Microsoft Personal Folders Backup add-in.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 50545
To enable the Personal Folders Backup add-in to work with Outlook 2010, add the following registry data to complete the backup process at shutdown.
To do this, follow these steps.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
For Windows XP and Windows Server 2003
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
For Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
Click Start, and in the Search box type regedit, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
3. Locate, and then click the following subkey:
4. Click on Edit, and then New - DWORD Value.
5. Rename the value to RequireShutdownNotification.
6. Right click on RequireShutdownNotification and then click Modify.
7. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 in the Value data box, and then click OK.
8. Quit Registry Editor
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
Note Personal Folders Backup only backs up .PST files. If you have a Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox, your server mailbox folders are likely backed up regularly by your server administrator. This tool only provides settings that individual users can configure. Therefore, we do not recommended it as an enterprise back-up solution.
PST Personal Folders Backup fixit fix it fixme
ID članka: 2030523 - posljednja izmjena: 09/25/2015 09:12:00 - verzija: 5.0
Microsoft Outlook 2010