Product Activation Fails When You Try to Activate a Microsoft Office XP Enterprise Subscription License Product
When you use telephone activation to try to activate a Microsoft Office XP Enterprise Subscription License product, the activation attempt fails.
This problem may occur if the license record is not found in the Microsoft database.
To resolve this problem, delete the existing Microsoft Office XP Data.dat file from your hard disk, and then re-attempt activation.
To locate and to delete the Data.dat file, follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Windows XP, right-click Start, and then click Explore.
- In Windows Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- On the View tab, under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
- Click Search, and then click All files and folders.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type Data.dat, and then in the Look in list, click Local Hard Drives.
- Click More advanced options, click to select the Search hidden files and folders check box, and then click Search.
- In the Search Results pane, delete the Data.dat file.
- Quit Windows Explorer.
- Try to re-activate Microsoft Office XP by starting any of the Microsoft Office programs.
For more information about Microsoft Product Activation, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
ID članka: 823761 - posljednja izmjena: 09/12/2011 22:18:00 - verzija: 2.0