How to Disable Access to the "Per Site Privacy Actions" Dialog Box
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
This article describes how administrators can prevent users from accessing the Per Site Privacy Actions dialog box, which is located by clicking Edit on the Privacy tab in the Internet Options dialog box.
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To prevent users from accessing the Per Site Privacy Actions dialog box:
Microsoft Windows NT and Microsoft Windows 2000
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate and then click the following key in the registry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:Value name: PrivacyAddRemoveSites
Data type: REG_DWORD
Value data: 1
- Quit Registry Editor.
Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Me, and Microsoft Windows XP
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate and click the following key in the registry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type PrivacyAddRemoveSites, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- Type 1, and then click OK.
For additional information about configuring privacy settings, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
283185 How to Manage Cookies in Internet Explorer 6
Cikkazonosító: 301524 - Utolsó ellenőrzés: 01/12/2015 18:22:20 - Verziószám: 1.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit 6.0, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kbhowto KB301524